Thursday, September 27, 2012

Painting on Martha's Vineyard


After many years working as an interior designer, I have turned to my original passion of painting.  Working with beautiful homes and lovely people was a most satisfying endeavor. The rooms and homes were like paintings, awash with gorgeous colors and fabrics. Although my scale is much smaller, the colors now flow from my brush.

Always delighted by the flora and fauna of the Dutch masters, my work honors them in a contemporary way. So it is no surprise that I have created a series of flowers, seed pods, insect and butterflies that bring nature indoors. So once again, I am creating adornments for our homes. I remain a steadfast lover of houses, even as I paint.

May you enjoy my collection of watercolors which I have had printed and framed and hope they inspire you to feather your nest.


These are painted on a charming wall covering background................pale blue of course.

FRITILARIA


Click to enlarge even more if you wish                                                 


HONEYSUCKLE






Detail of the moths on blue background of HONEYSUCKLE



Painted another pair on a pink ground 






















                                                


Loved painting this pair on pink













RUBRUM LILY















CARNATION


REGAL LILY                                                         GRAPE HYACINTH

These are the very first two that I painted and was so pleased with the colors on ivory.
                                                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                                                          


GRAPE HYACINTYH

REGAL LILY






TRUMPET VINE

PRIMULA


DETAIL of the flowers........................................







and the bugs.....................

As you can see the TRUMPET VINE and PRIMULA have warmer colors and look well together.


All of the above prints are 12 x 16 and framed in gold and priced at 255.00 each

No comments:

Post a Comment